April 18, 2015 from 9:30 – 11:30 am in room 202 @ 10920 Lindbrook Drive, Los Angeles, for the next information session about the Landscape Architecture Certificate. Alumni, current students, instructors, and staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. We will also be raffling off a free class and offering […]
Overcrowding, excessive buildings and concrete, and negative environmental stimuli lead to unhealthy mental and physical stress for people living in dense urban cities. Restorative landscapes, woven into the existing grid, that are focused on quality of mind, body, and community, will incorporate nature’s benefits, support social connections, and promote daily physical activity, via a green […]
This project aims to transform underutilized urban areas that have been gragmented or occupied by roadways, waterways, and utility corridors into a unified, publicly accessible green space. UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Thesis Presentation. Instructors Patrick Reynolds & Eileen Alduenda.
This project redesigns a closed, remediated landfill for habitat restoration, community recreation, and renewable energy production. It embraces the major constraint of the site — a subsiding, shifting ground plane — by mimicking the movement of the topography, and using program elements that are temporary, ephemeral, moveable or recyclable. It is a metaphor for landscape […]
Reimagine fragmented cities and neighborhood through a design blueprint for healthy communities to reclaim the public realm, and improve mobility and connectivity. Urban cores within these neighborhoods will comprise a more livable, walkable and vibrant city. UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Thesis Presentation. Instructors Patrick Reynolds & Eileen Alduenda.
District Branding is the concept of transforming urban areas of viable industry into vibrant, unique districts that celebrate culture, commerce, and life. Branding poses the opportunity to connect industry networks into having recognizable boundaries with legible cohesiveness. A branded design will reveal the natural beauty of a district’s character. UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Thesis Presentation. Instructors […]
A plan that brings the sense of wonder and joy of play to urban environments to enhance a sense of place and improve the day-to-day experience. The transformation and connection of streets, parkland, and remnant spaces by infusion of art, color, light, and natural elements creates vibrant, walkable, and more sustainable communities. UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture […]
Blending the edges of community and greenway to solve environmental problems and improving habitat quality and quantity, while connecting people to nature. UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Thesis Presentation. Instructors Patrick Reynolds & Eileen Alduenda.
The schematic master plan for El Dorado Dog Park was unveiled on Sunday, November 16 at El Dorado Park in Long Beach. It was an opportunity for the community to see the vision for the future park and to donate to the effort. The project, a collaboration between Friends of El Dorado Dog Park, Architecture […]
"I work by day…and it was a unique experience to take classes at night time studying with professionals who work in the field."
- We want to hire you! Part-time temp opening in the Landscape Architecture Program office July 9, 2014
- Yvonne English on why you should take her class, Fundamentals of Outdoor Lighting September 23, 2013
- Alumni Representation at National ASLA Summits July 15, 2013
- Alumni Paul Comstock recognized as a 2013 ASLA Fellow July 17, 2013
- “THE LOS ANGELES ARTS DISTRICT: Maintaining Identity in Transition” by Ryan Williams, Spring 2014 Landscape Architecture Thesis Presentation June 9, 2014
- Landscape Architecture Open House March 20, 2015
- “Restorative Urban Design” by Jessica Haren December 16, 2014
- “Urban Space Transformation” by Samantha Hung December 15, 2014
- “Ephemeral Park and Wildlife Sanctuary” by Julia Newton December 12, 2014
- “Reclaiming the Public Realm” by Daniel Guimera Sr. December 11, 2014
- “Restorative Urban Design” by Jessica Haren | UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Program: […] parks, plazas, and gardens. UCLA Extens...
- “Urban Space Transformation” by Samantha Hung | UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Program: […] accessible green space. UCLA Extension ...
- “Ephemeral Park and Wildlife Sanctuary” by Julia Newton | UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Program: […] dynamic medium. UCLA Extension Landscap...
- “Reclaiming the Public Realm” by Daniel Guimera Sr. | UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Program: […] walkable and vibrant city. UCLA Extensi...
- “District Branding” by Tamara Lipscomb | UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Program: […] district’s character. UCLA Extens...