Sketching on Location goes to CUBA!!
Join Richard Scott and UCLA Extension Landscape Architecture Sketching in CUBA! Dec. 2-Dec. 9, 2017. Limited to 18 people. Cost includes instruction, Richard’s book, airfare from Los Angeles, lodging, and most meals. Check it out and join us!
Information Session: May 4, 2017
7pm – 8pm
1010 Westwood Blvd. rm 214 (this is an updated room assignment)
For more details and/or to sign up for the course visit: http://holbrook.travel/uclacuba
- Sketchbook or drawing pad – bring any sketchbook or pad you like. The instructor uses Strathmore Series 400 Drawing Pad, 24 sheets in 8” x 10” size
- Pencils – bring what you like to use. The instructor uses a lead* holder (by using a lead holder, you don’t need to bring a pencil sharpener)
- Prismacolor Turquoise Lead* Holder – 2mm size – buy “4B” lead* refills
- Pentel GraphGear – 0.9mm size – buy “4B” lead* refills
- Kneaded eraser – very handy tool
- Electric eraser – not required, but nice to have. The instructor uses the Sakura Electric Eraser
- Pens – bring what you like to use. The instructor uses the following:
- Pentel Stylo (Black)
- Pentel Hybrid Technica in the 06 and 03 sizes (Black)
- Fixative – drawings can smudge – here’s a great fixative: hair spray in travel size (so you’ll have no problems at the airport). Spray bottles work better than pump-sprays (although pump is fine if you can’t find a small spray bottle). You can find this item at Target. When using, be sure to let the hairspray dry before you close your sketchbook.
- Small backpack for your gear, and, if you have room, a small fold-up stool (so you can sit and sketch anywhere)